Sunday, December 26, 2010

My First Tea Cake Baked Perfectly!

Vanilla & Chocolate Chip Tea-Cake

This is a perfect cake to bake accompanied with Tea or Coffee. I 'was' a good cook, stress is on "WAS"...mind it.....because the hectic work style barely gave me time to what I used to like the most. I am good at several other forms of cooking minus BAKING, I always thought, that it is not my cup of tea.

But honestly, I think it was more to do with the high calorie ingredients that go into baking that kept me at bay. Margarine, Butter, Oil, Sugar, Super refined Flour all the things that are big NO NO....

I don't know what made me change my mind, but I went ahead and bought a new Oven yesterday, and I must admit that I am very happy with this decision. My first love towards baking started during 1996, when I joined a 3 day class with the city's best French 'La pâtissière'.

The way she worked her way into her bakery kitchen with so much ease really surprised me. Not only did I learn the basics of Baking, Icing, Filling, but also what she was best known for 'fondant sugar decoration'. But that was it, I did not persue my passion after that, for the simple reason, my mind kept saying NO NO NO....its fatty :)

But now, when the mind and heart as well as body has control on what you eat moderately, I decided I will get back to 'Big B' '......'Baking'.

So here I am after making my first sucessful Vanilla - Chocolate Chip Tea Cake, and here is the receipe :

Ingredients :

150 gms Butter or Margarine
150 gms Castor Sugar
3 tsp Baking Powder
3 nos. Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tbsp Chocolate Chips

Method :

Prepare the baking tin. Grease the tin and line with butter paper.

Sift together flour and baking powder.

Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs beating in one at a time. Now pre-heat the oven.

Lightly fold in the sifted flour into the butter mixture if required, add a little water to obtain a mixture which drops slowly from the spoon. I used milk though. Now add the chocolate chips, and vanilla essence, blend well. Pour into baking tray garnish with chcochips. ( You may add a mix of white and milk chocolate chips )

Bake in moderate oven for 20-30 mins at 180 degrees. Turn and cool



Vanilla and choco-chip Tea Cake is ready !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment